Automated emails are a powerful tool that allows administrators to set a range of criteria which will automatically generate and send personalized emails when triggered. Combining triggers with placeholders makes this tool even more powerful by generating completely personalized emails.
To create a new trigger, follow these steps:
- Determine the emails you will want to send, along with the criteria that will trigger them. Not everything will be possible — we'll let you know if it's not.
- Log in to your admin (yoursite.com/admin)
- Click "Email" in the left sidebar, then click "Admin Email Templates"
- Click "Add Template" in the top of the window
- Prepend the template name with "Automated Email — ", then describe what should trigger the email. For example: "Automated Email — Send email to user upon receiving tenth donation"
- Compose the email as usual, including the subject and body. (See here for more on composing emails.) Click "Save".
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your campaign URL, and notify us that these emails are ready to be set up. We will notify you when they are live.