Rallybound integrates with the NPSP Recurring Donation object in the following ways.
Rallybound can create a recurring donation which manages and keeps track of its donations that recur:
- Basic settings will only create an opportunity for each donation interval as it occurs. There is no difference between open-ended and fixed-length donations.
- Advanced settings will create opportunities for each donation interval as it occurs as well as future pledged donations and will integrate open-ended and fixed-length donations.
When a donor sets up a recurring donation plan in Rallybound:
A new recurring donation is created in Salesforce with the following properties
- Name Basic settings will always set this to the Rallybound naming convention; Advanced settings: if the option "Use NPSP Default Naming" is checked Salesforce will use NPSP's naming convention otherwise it will update each donation as they come in with the Rallybound naming convention.
- Open-ended status: Basic settings will always set this to 'None'; Advanced settings: if it's an open-ended recurring donation will be set to 'Open'; if it's a fixed-length recurring donation will set to 'None'. See https://trailhead.salesforce.com/content/learn/modules/opportunity-settings-in-nonprofit-success-pack/manage-recurring-donations-npsp for more info on the differences between the 'None' and 'Open' status.
- Date established
- Installment period (how often a donation will recur)
- Installments: Basic settings will always set this to 0; Advanced settings: if it's an open-ended recurring donation will set to 0 - if it's a fixed-length recurring donation will set to amount passed in from Rallybound.
- Schedule Type: Will always set to 'Multiply By'.
- Next Payment Date: Will only be set with advanced settings and will automatically update with each donation. Important: This sets the date for all future opportunities being created.
- Paid amount: Will automatically update with each paid donation.
- Total Paid Installments: Will automatically update with each paid donation.
- Custom Fields
With basic settings, a new opportunity will be created.
With advanced settings, the next pledged donation will be updated to paid.
When a recurring donation plan has ended or canceled
- The recurring donation object will update the open-ended status field to 'Closed'.
- For advanced settings, this will set all future pledged opportunities to 'Closed Lost'.
Daily Recurring Plans
If the daily recurring period is enabled in Rallybound, please create a custom installment period in Salesforce by following the steps on https://powerofus.force.com/s/article/NPSP-Installmt-Periods-Recur-Dons. The new period should be titled "daily".