Rallybound gives users the ability to register other users under their account. The managed user is a full-fledged user, and therefore can be a fundraiser, an attendee, a donor, or any combination of those. The way this works is that the email and password are shared by all the users in the account for login and email-sending purposes. Once logged in, users can view and toggle between their managed users in the profile dropdown in the top right of the page.
Some use cases for managed users:
- A user can manage other attendees (as in the case of a parent who registers his children to attend an event with them). This can be done during the detailed or Role Registration processes, or through the RSVP task in the fundraiser task list. Additionally, administrators can add managed attendees in the Admin.
- A user can also manage other fundraisers. This is useful for a mother who wants to make a personal fundraising page on behalf of her young son. The mother can share her son's page, and the money raised will be in the name of her son, but the account will be entirely managed by the mother (who has her own personal page as well). This can be done by the user during (or after) the Role Registration process, or by an administrator through the Admin.
Each account with multiple users has a Primary User, with whom the email address is most closely associated. The other, non-primary users, are managed users. The Primary User is indicated in the profile dropdown with a star (see screenshot above).
In the Admin, managed users are indicated with a "Managed By UserID" field, which references the User ID of the Primary User. Additionally, managed users can be converted to the Primary User in their contact record in the Admin.
If, when a donor donates (or a donation is added for them through the Admin), they use an email that's recognized as a user but their name is different than the name of any user associated with that account, a new managed user for this donor will automatically be created within that email account.
To add a managed user in the Admin, follow these steps:
- Log into the Admin at admin.rallybound.com
- Navigate to the campaign on which to add a managed user
- Click the "People" tab
- Click "Registrants" in the left sidebar
- Click the "Add" button
- Enter the new user's contact information
- For Account Info, select "Managed Account", and choose the existing user who will manage the new account
- Select a user type for the new user (Attendee, Fundraiser, or both)
- Enter registration information if applicable
- Enter fundraiser information if applicable
- Enter team information
- Click "Register"