With its livestream feature, Rallybound provides the ability for both administrators and fundraisers to add fundraising overlays to their video streams. Livestream overlays include key fundraising information, such as your goal or progress, and they are included in broadcasts of your livestream, displaying live fundraising activity to viewers on any platform.
The livestream feature is a paid upgrade. To configure livestreaming for your organization, please contact our customer success team at email@example.com.
Retrieving Your Overlay URL
An overlay can be accessed for any campaign or fundraising page on a livestream-enabled campaign.
A campaign's overlay is accessed by appending /overlay to the end of your campaign URL. This is what we will refer to as the "Base Overlay URL".
To access the overlay of a personal or team fundraising page, follow the instructions below:
- If a fundraising page has a custom URL, its overlay is accessible by appending the custom slug to the Base Overlay URL. For example, if a custom URL is neonone.rallybound.org/campaign/mypage, the overlay for that page will be neonone.rallybound.org/campaign/overlay/mypage. This applies to both personal and team pages.
- If a personal fundraising page does not have a custom URL, its overlay is accessible by appending "/member/[ID]" to the Base Overlay URL. The member ID appears in the fundraising page's URL, immediately after "member/". An example URL might look like this: neonone.rallybound.org/campaign/overlay/member/123456.
- If a team fundraising page does not have a custom URL, its overlay is accessible by appending "/team/[ID]" to the base overlay URL. The team ID appears in the fundraising page's URL, immediately after "team/". An example URL might look like this: neonone.rallybound.org/campaign/overlay/team/123456.
Customizing Your Overlay URL
The overlay is highly customizable with URL parameters, allowing you to change the style and contents of the overlay. To customize your overlay, add URL parameters by appending a question mark (?) to your overlay URL and then add your chosen custom parameter. For example, to add a QR code to the overlay URL, add a question mark (?) followed by the QR Code parameter.
Additional parameters should be separated by an ampersand (&) in cases where there are 2 or more custom parameters. For example, to create an overlay that includes parameters for both the QR Code and orientation, your URL would look like this:
Overlay Parameter Chart
Use the chart below to select and specify your overlay parameters.
Please note that many parameters will be included by default. They are identified in the description and are notated in bold. To change or omit these parameters, use the options provided.
Ribbon style overlays provide a solid strip across the screen.
The overlay can be oriented towards placement at the top or bottom of your video.
Includes your logo in the overlay. The logo image pulls automatically from the "Logo" section of the Media Library.
Places your organization name in the overlay.
Type your text, including spaces and special characters, after the equals sign (=) to show this text in the overlay.
Display a QR code in your overlay. Scanning this QR code will bring the viewer straight to your campaign’s donation page.
Display the current amount raised in your overlay. This amount will auto-update.
Display the fundraising goal in your overlay.
Display a progress bar across the overlay. This progress bar will auto-update as your goal is reached.
|mindonation||number input||Display donations over a specified minimum donation amount.|
(Without this parameter, all donations will be displayed.)
Using Your Overlay
Once you've retrieved your overlay and customized it as desired, it's time to add it to your video broadcast. Below we'll include instructions to do so in OBS Studio. Other software options will provide similar flows.
- Get your video inputs set up in OBS as desired
- Under "Source", click the plus button
- Select "Browser"
- Name your overlay and click "OK"
- Paste your overlay URL in the URL field
- Set your width and height as desired. CSS may be used to modify styles, such as color.
- For ribbon and cove styles, width should be no less than 950. Recommended height is 175.
- Click "OK"
- The overlay will appear and load on your video. You can reposition and/or resize the overlay as desired.
- That's it! When you stream your broadcast, the overlay will be included and display your fundraising data in real time.