In addition to their regular payment processor, organizations can add an option to donate with PayPal. This allows donors to donate on their own terms, and sometimes provide an easier checkout process for the donor.
To add the option to donate through PayPal for all the campaigns in your organization, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Admin at admin.rallybound.com
- Navigate to the entity (organization, group, or campaign) on which you'd like to configure PayPal. Click here to learn more about inherited settings.
- Click the "Forms" tab
- Click "Donation Settings" in the left sidebar, and scroll to the bottom
- Click "Connect PayPal", and in the ensuing popup, click "Continue to PayPal".
- Enter your PayPal account information in the following PayPal popup and save.
- The present entity and all its children are now configured to add the PayPal button to donation pages.
On donation pages, the PayPal option opens a PayPal popup within the donation window, where the donor enters their email and password, chooses their method of payment, and completes their payment, after which they are returned to the donation page with the "Thank you" message displayed.
Managing Multiple PayPal Configurations
If your organization uses different PayPal accounts for different Rallybound groups or campaigns, or applies PayPal on some campaigns but not others, different PayPal configurations may be set on different entities in the Admin through our powerful inheritance system. Here's a brief overview of how the inheritance system works:
- If PayPal is configured on the organization level, it applies to all groups and campaigns in the organization.
- If PayPal is configured on a given group, it applies to all groups and campaigns within that group.
- If PayPal is configured on a campaign, it applies to that campaign alone.
- A lower-level entity can override a setting of its parent. This is done by clicking the lock icon next to the PayPal section title, and then clicking "Override parent".
For example, if PayPal is set on the organization, a group within the organization can opt to override the organization's PayPal configuration, either by removing PayPal entirely from the group, or by adding a different PayPal account. Campaigns can also override their parent groups.
- An overriding entity can clear the override and inherit the parent configuration. This is done by clicking the disabled lock icon above the PayPal section, then clicking "Clear override".
In our above example, a group with a different PayPal account than its parent organization can inherit the organization's configuration.